UAB Center for Exercise Medicine 7th Annual Symposium
UAB Center for Exercise Medicine
Sept. 13, 2019
UAB Hill Student Center Ball Room
1400 University Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35294
This year's keynote speakers will feature Gretchen Reynolds, Phys Ed Columnist for the New York Times Well blog and author of the New York Times bestseller "The First 20 Minutes", and Stuart Phillips, PhD, Director of McMaster Centre for Nutrition, Exercise, and Health Research, Canada.
- Science Communication Workshop by Gretchen Reynolds and Lori McMahon, PhD, Dean, UAB Graduate School (Thursday, September 12, 2019 from Noon to 1 p.m. at the UAB Hill Center Alumni Theater. Lunch will be provided.)
- REACT Clinical Trials Workshop (Thursday, September 12, 2019 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the UAB Hill Meeting Room 203)
- Michael D. Brown, PhD Professor, School of Kinesiology, Auburn University
- Anna Thalacker-Mercer, PhD Assistant Professor, Cornell University
- Abstract winner oral presentation (see below)
- Trainee Poster Competition
The UAB Center for Exercise Medicine is sponsoring a trainee poster session during the 7th Annual Symposium, highlighting the research of undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral trainees, including clinical fellows and residents. Trainees are invited to submit abstracts on basic, clinical, translational, and population science that are broadly related to exercise medicine. Submission of an abstract previously presented at a regional or national meeting is welcome.
- Trainee Poster Competition - Abstract submission is now open to any current trainees conducting research in exercise medicine. Winners will receive a $600 travel award.
- Oral Presentation Competition - One abstract will be selected prior to the symposium for a 10-minute oral presentation during the symposium. Abstracts will be reviewed and a selection made by the UCEM Education Committee. The Oral Presentation winner will also receive a $600 travel award. *If you would like to compete for an oral presentation, please indicate in your abstract submission/registration.
Abstract submission deadline - August 30, 2019
Register To Attend These Events
There is no fee to attend, but you must register to attend:
- Symposium Registration
- Science Communication Workshop Registration
- REACT Clinical Trials Workshop Registration
Breakfast and lunch will be provided on September 13th.
Posted: Aug. 13, 2019